This week was the first official week of school for students. Instead of running around like a crazy lady and juggling tons of paperwork, I’ve been cuddling Landry for all it’s worth. He’s such a good baby, and he makes my job super easy. Seriously though? Who could resist those sweet baby sugars? I certainly can’t.
I hate that I’m not getting to meet my students and learn all about them from the start of the year, but I wouldn’t trade this time with my little man for nothing in this world. It’s hard to believe that he’s already two weeks old! I told Colby the other night that I enjoy him being so little and getting to cuddle him and all of his baby goodness, but I do look forward to the day when he can tell me he loves me. My heart will melt. No worries though! I’m not trying to speed up time. I’m soaking in all of his littleness, cuddles, and just pure sweetness.
Since nothing is really going on around here other than eating baby sugars, I’m sharing some random things that are floating around in my head lately…
- Landry had his two week checkup on Monday, and he’s back up to his birth weight. He’s getting to be such a big boy and is taking 3 oz. at every feeding. They had to stick his heel, which wasn’t fun for either of us, and we will find out the results from that in two weeks.
- I had my two week checkup yesterday, and I’m happy to say that I’m 3 pounds away from my goal weight. Woohoo!!! Ive already lost over 20 pounds! ’That definitely made me feel better and put a smile on my face. Little bit got all kinds of compliments on his complete head of hair. He came out needing a hair cut! Haha! His hair is over his ears. It’s crazy!
- I’m so excited about fall coming that I can hardly contain myself. I enjoy the time that is the end of summer and beginning of fall. Cooler evenings scream my name! Have you seen some fall inspiration on Pinterest lately? I have!
- Alabama football starts in less than two weeks! Can’t wait! I think I need to get a onesie appliqued for Landry to wear on game days. I saw one the other day that I thought was so stinking cute!
- I’m in desperate need of some new clothes! Otherwise, I’ll have nothing for when I do have to go back to work next month. It’s so hard to buy clothes though for these in between months.
- We go to get his newborn pictures made on Saturday. I’ve been collecting tons of ideas and will be gathering some things from around the house to take with us to make the pictures more personal to us. These are a few of the inspiration photos I’m bringing with us. Does anyone have an old mailbox like the one you see below? If you do and would let us borrow it, let me know!
- I saw this on Pinterest, and it sums up how I feel about my home.
I hope you all are having a terrific week! Teacher friends, I’ve been thinking of you and will be seeing you all soon enough.